maanantai 1. marraskuuta 2010

Cloudbusting2-3, The mystery lady of the 7th floor


I have moved twice this year. A lot of stuff has been throwed away to the trash bin. Now I finally managed to sort my old paper photos, that were stuffed in a shoebox. It seems I liked the photos with white outlines back then and why not, they look pretty. I scanned these and used them as cloud backgrounds for all kind of architecture renderings many times in the late 90´s, so the white lines never made much difference. Now they look great here on my swanky dark parquet floor.

I remember taking these photos on the carpet cleaning balcony of the large apartment house where I had a teeny weeny rented apartment. I lived in the first floor but I often went to the balcony in the 7th floor, because there was so good views over the city. Trouble was that there was this old lady who didn´t like me being there. She usually just yelled from her window near by the balcony that I can´t clean the carpets at that hour or she would go to the landlord to make a complaint on me. Strange behaviour as I didn´t even have carpets with me, I just took a roll of photos and went away. This happened many times but I never saw her as she was hiding behind the wall so I couldn´t see her from the balcony. The mystery lady of the 7th floor. Little did she know how uninterested I was in human interaction back then. I have the photos here to prove it!

9 kommenttia:

  1. LOL! I know those ladies...you find them a lot in Finland... :)

    ps.
    mikset ole laittanut anyone kommenttivaihtoehtoa; muut kuin bloggerilaiset joutuvat laittamaan esim. openID:n ja jos joku klikkaa ko. linkkia siita paasee openID:n sivulle ja sielta pitaa hakea oikea blogi. Anyone asetuksissa linkki vie suoraan oikeaan blogiin.......


    Onnea uudelle blogille!

    VastaaPoista
  2. Yeah, us old ladies can be a pain in the butt! Glad you didn't pay any attention to her because you got some fantastic captures! Of course, you do anyway -- old ladies or not. Hope you have a great evening and a great week, Pietari!

    Sylvia

    VastaaPoista
  3. Hmm, I'm going to be an old lady one day... I promise not to yell at you!

    VastaaPoista
  4. Kommentit on laitettu kohtaan anyone. Kaikkea ne tuppaakin automaattisesti

    VastaaPoista
  5. :) Strange!
    But your photos are the best and I am glad you didn't get discouraged by her.

    VastaaPoista
  6. love the cloud formations. glad you managed to take some beautiful shots despite her dislike.

    VastaaPoista
  7. Good to hear that you're kinda gettin' settled back in again. You're photographs back then are excellent, just like your current ones are. Cheers!

    VastaaPoista
  8. So many sunny days. And I remember the white borders period.

    VastaaPoista